Saturday, April 12, 2008

Typical Life of a Sairam student!!

This is my first blog so i am relatively new to blogging..I am anjana karthik in short called as karthik, currently doing my engg.in a college in chennai.. So let me start my first blog by giving u an insight into the life of a typical sairam student..

The moment i stepped into the portals of Sri Sairam Engg.College on Sept.07,2006 , i got a feeling that i was very lucky to be a part of this college. Very soon i was led to my class-room by a few young smart lads who looked very formal with their ties. The moment i stepped into the class i felt like an alien. I managed to sit next to another boy who seemed to be very silent.. We both started giving our intros and finally managed to strike a conversation after some time.. This fellow was none other than "Mr.Vinoo Kurien Thomas" . After a few minutes of chitchatting with other ppl around me a stern looking professor came inside..Oh My God!! She looked damn strict. She introduced herself as Rajeshwari of Chem.department.. After a few minutes of explaining the rules and regulations of the college, we were asked to sign in eight different forms. ( don know what they were, even till today).A few volunteers came by giving us our id cards (life of a Sairam student) and a calendar.
After a few minutes we were asked to proceed to the auditorium for our induction day.. The moment they said auditorium i visualised it as completely air-conditioned, nice comfortable cushioned chairs, clearly audible, interesting speakers and so on.. But my dreams were shattered when they showed us a shamiana and under which a few hundred chairs which they supposedly called as Open Air Auditorium. The function began and i was listening to it with some interest but later on it became absolutely boring.. At about 1.30 we had our lunch ( pretty ok) and post lunch we were shown all the labs by our ECE HOD Madam Rajini.. At about 4 i boarded my route bus and finally was back home at about 5.30 . Thus my first day at Sri Sairam Engg. College ended with mixed feelings..
And then followed as usual boring classes and very soon my first year in engg.was over..
No longer i was a junior, i stepped foot into the dept. of ECE with great expectaions.

My second year was more eventful than my first year. I loved to present papers and the thrill of presenting papers was awesome.Most of my second year went off in paper presentaions.

No comments: